Our doctors are accredited by the United States Department of Agriculture to write both domestic and international health certificates. Our microchips are ISO compliant, meaning they are able to be used for international travel.

Our clients and their pets are world travelers and we have written health certificates to Hawai’i, Australia, Japan, Mexico, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, and Israel. In many cases, potential quarantine issues affect the timelines for your pet’s travel, so it is best, when traveling internationally, to contact the consulate for your pet’s destination, to obtain the latest information.

For example, if you are traveling to Japan, Australia, and Hawai’i, you should start your pet travel preparations 7 months in advance of your estimated travel date. These islands require proof of rabies inoculation and essentially require that a quarantine period is sustained in the United States, rather than in a cage on the island. Certainly, your pet is happier for this, but it does mean that ADVANCE PLANNING ON YOUR PART is essential. In all cases, Rabies inoculations will need to be up-to-date.

Animal movement between the states on the continental United States is also regulated by the United States Department of Agriculture’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services (APHIS), and each state has differing regulations regarding the intervals between Rabies inoculations.

Our doctors write health certificates for domestic pet travel between the states.

Check out Lena — she went to Paris for November and December of 2012. Paul, her human, reports her favorite thing was to stop and stare, resulting in people tumbling over top of her! OOPS, Lena!